Do I need to be homebound to receive services?
No, anyone can receive in-home counseling services, if interested.

Do I need a referral or order from a doctor?
No, all you need to do is call or email us, and we will help you get an appointment.

What if I am already receiving services from a Home Health Agency?
There is no conflict. We can provide counseling services to you at the same time as you receive Home Health services, (including Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Medical Social Work and RN services).

Are you the same as a Home Health Agency, or Palliative Care?
I already see a Social Worker through them. No, we are a counseling service, and we can see you on a regular, on-going basis, indefinitely, whereas a Home Health Social Worker usually sees you for 1-2 sessions only, and a Palliative Care Social Worker may see you only once a month.

Who pays for these services?
We accept most commercial insurance plans, Medicare Part B, most Medicare Advantage plans, and most Medicaid managed care plans (MMAI or ICP). We also accept private pay.

Is there a limit on the number of sessions I can receive?
Medicare or private insurance does not put a limit on how long you may receive services. However, managed care insurance plans typically require pre-authorizations for blocks of sessions, and may not authorize services indefinitely.

Are services available anywhere I live?
We can serve any residential location in Cook, Lake, McHenry, DuPage, and Kane County, plus the Joliet and Rockford areas. We cannot serve people receiving Skilled Nursing services in a rehabilitation center (as part of their Medicare skilled care benefit).

What if I don't want to meet in my home?
We don't have a physical office, but if you'd prefer, we can meet in a study room in a local library, or in a cafe, or anywhere you would like.

Do I have to be 65 before I can get services?
No. Though we started out primarily serving seniors, we now serve anyone over age 11, and take a variety of insurance, not just Medicare.

Do you have bilingual therapists? We do have several Spanish-speaking therapists, 1 Russian-speaking therapist, and 1 Polish speaking therapist, who can serve certain areas of the city. Please call us if you need such services, and we can determine if one is available for you.